Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm?

I've now owned K for eight months.  We've been at our new barn for three.  For three months I've seen my horse transform into exactly what I've been hoping for.  She's now in a snaffle, collecting, listening to me, and focused.  She's fit, has some nice muscle tone, and is happy.  This is what we were hoping for when we decided to move to a show barn.  I no longer worry about my horse when I'm not there, I can see the care and the experience that is given to my mare.

Knock on wood, but we've now gone three months without injury.  I haven't even given a thought to my vet.  My goals for us have grown...I plan to get us to Regionals this coming show season, and if the Horse Gods will allow, maybe even Nationals?  But I still have trailering in the back of my mind.  If a four hour ride to Regionals is going to be too much for her, then Nationals in Oklahoma will always be out of the question. 

Our first show is two months away, and I am starting to feel like we will be ready.  Only the show grounds are the same as the last time we pulled to a show, closer this time as our new barn is closer, but I still have this fear that she hasn't overcome the trailer issues.  I've invested a small fortune in B Kalm past, and still pray to the Horse Gods for guidance.  

Only now, I have a trainer who is involved, knows my horse well, and is ready to help us get to where we want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment