Sunday, September 9, 2012

I Can't Leave You, With a Bad Goodbye...

Yes, I'm channeling a little Clint Black.  We move barns in 5 days.  And though I've made light of it in my last post, it was a hard decision to make.  Saying goodbye to our trainer, who has helped me through my first few months of horse ownership and taught me to ride again after so many years away, is really tough.  I've made some really good friends who have helped me through a lot since K came into my life.

The decision came after our last show, when I realized how badly I needed my trainer.  And although I got through the trailering ordeal with my friends and hubby, going to our first show that we trained so hard for on our own was disappointing.  I wanted that coaching from the rail, needed the help with the horse, and am still left wishing our trainer had been there to see us win.  I also realized that although Hunter Pleasure is fun, and we do well in it, it's not my passion.  I'm still yearning for that dressage ring.

I started out my horse search looking for the perfect dressage horse.  And then bought her.  And now that she's starting to work better in her snaffle, I'm ready to start training.  Hard.  And our barn isn't a dressage barn, nor is it a Morgan barn.  So when one has the goals of testing in Training Level at a Morgan Show, one must find a barn that can get them there.

No matter how exciting it is to move to the show barn, leaving good friends behind is always hard.  Especially when they threaten to take the wheels off your trailer in order to get you to stay.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment