Saturday, April 14, 2012

You Get What You Need...

Over the course of the last week, I've gone back to visit the mare a few times. Each time she has been sweet, friendly and so willing to work. Even though she's so out of shape, and skinny, she's shown me she has the moves to take me further than I had ever hoped for.

We've ridden in gale force winds, outdoors, and not one spook. We've ridden indoors, in the heat, and she didn't ask for a break. Her 10 meter circles are just as fluid and lovely as her 20 meters. She shoulders in before I even ask for it, I swear this horse can read my mind.

So over the course of the week, I have decided that I cannot live without this horse. I don't have one doubt in my mind and I know this is not a decision I will ever regret.

It's funny, thinking over the last few months of horse shopping, what I initially had on my wishlist: 17hh, gelding, dark, THOROUGHBRED, trained to first level. I was willing to trade off a couple of those items for the right horse, but all of them? This mare has not one of my desired traits, but has everything I need.

Pre purchase exam on Monday...I'm once again praying to the horse gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment