Friday, April 6, 2012

Bet on Bay

They say the right horse will appear out of thin air, or in my case out of a barn 3 hours away that didn't have a horse for sale as of yesterday.

My dressage trainer had remembered a big bay mare she had seen at a show in September, and called about her. As luck would have it the owner had been thinking of selling. After seeing some pictures, and hearing about her training and experience, we decided this mare was worth taking a chance on. The stars are so aligned that the shipping truck is only an hour away from there, and can pick her up this evening. She's going to be on trial with me for two weeks. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm boiling over with optimism. Perhaps its her bloodlines and training, or maybe it's the fact my trainer saw this horse show recently, but something is telling me to get my checkbook ready!

Thank you Easter Bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment