Friday, March 2, 2012

The Cart Before The Horse!

I'll just come out with it...hubby bought me a horse trailer! (Can you hear my squeals through your monitor?)

We found it in a round about way through Craig's List. A lady was selling a nice trailer, good price. Hubby calls on it, it's already sold. Lady tells hubby her friends also have just decided to sell their trailer. Gives hubby number, hubby calls. You know when car lots try to tell you that the lovely auto you want to buy is a one-owner-grandma-drove-it-on-the-weekends type of car? Well this trailer is the real "grandma drove it" deal. This 1998 Circle J was purchased new, pulled a few times, then parked in their shop for the last few years. It was covered in thick dust, but you could see there was not even a scratch on the paint! No dents, didnt even look like it had ever been used except for the hay still in the manger. With a used trailer price. I'm giddy.

And...its a 3 horse. So Gracie and my barn mates will no longer be bumming rides from other trailer owners to get to the shows. We'll be able to schedule trail rides, and vet visits. And we'll be able to take my horse on our summer trips each summer across the state...

I know, you're thinking "but, you don't have a horse." Today I test rode a contender, and Sunday I will be seeing another boy that looks to be exactly what I have been looking for. I'm feeling pretty optimistic that my new trailer will soon be hauling my new horse to his new home.

But first said trailer needs to be delivered to my driveway in suburbia for a deep cleaning and polish. Won't the neighbors think I'm nifty? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment